anyone want a 64 tooth change gear for a small crafstman/atlas?

with two missing teeth? should be easy enough to repair, there is not a lot of torque on these so a wedge of aluminum glued in should work - free if you want it - I'm going to list a complete 109-20630 lathe if a local buyer doesn't get it by tomorrow, and this gear turned up as I was making up a complete set of change gears for it. just pay postage

in researching this lathe, I ran across a cool article on some mods to make it a lot better, here

If anyone on this NG is interested in the lathe, we can try to reach a deal - find me via the email address on my web site below

Reply to
Bill Noble

I have a Craftmans lathe. All the gear sets, etc. Problem is the gears do not stay engaged while machining. Maybe I am driving the spindle too fast, etc. Other thing is getting the gibs adjusted. Sucks! Either too tight, too loose, or tight at one end and loose at the other end. Need to take some time and research the lathe.

Reply to
Bill McKee

read the stuff at the link above - he has some really good ideas and shows how his improvements affected the capability of the little lathe.

Reply to
Bill Noble

But I have buy a mill to build his fixes. :>)

Reply to
Bill McKee

Indeed - or you have to persuade someone else to let you use their mill - you can use mine, but I'll bet I'm too far away for that to be practical

Reply to
Bill Noble

I need to hit a big lotto to buy more land for a bigger shop. :>}

Reply to
Bill McKee

I'd have to actually waste my money on a ticket first. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Since Im not an illegal alien, or foreign national here in the US...based on the national identity of the average winner here in California...shrug..there is no sense for me to buy a ticket.

Im a white American citizen of California..so I have a near zero chance of winning.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch