Anyone want a mill?

Dirty..ugly and nasty..but in surprisngly good shape and very very little backlash in any axis.

A couple of the switches need replacing, I can do it..or you can do it for a discount.

It has both vertical AND horizontal spindles and motors. Everything runs nicely.

$1800 OBO. Ill even toss in a few 40 taper tool holders and a decent vise (Kurt Klone)

Located in Chino California.

About 2000 lbs

220vt 3ph

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And the killer is in the last sentence. You know the odds of getting Real 3-Ph from L.A. DWP at a residence is somewhere around... It would have to be expressed with an exponent.

I'll ask around - have a few possibilities.

If you run across any things that would be useful at a Railroad Engine Shop like a huge shaper or driver wheel lathe, start thinking Perris.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

3PH? That the easy part. Rotary phase converter. Cheap and easy. There are 3 motors in this machine. Vertical (2hp) , horizontal (3hp) and table feed (1hp). Hence a VFD wont work, but a phase converter will do nicely. Even a static will run it nicely.

Whats going on out there?

And define "huge". I know of several 36" shapers that could be had cheaply. Or sweet talked into being donated....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Orange Empire Railway Museum.

And they give receipts for donations. Got a friend that goes out there on the weekends and turns Non Working Old Lumps of Scrap into running trains and trolleys.

Some of the "projects" that would need the big tools to do the big work:

And they have an interconnect out onto the BNSF line and engines and engineers with the proper FRA certifications, so they can go play in the big sandbox for acquisitions runs.