AO microscope parts question

It will take me a few days..Ill check my Stuff. Though Im pretty sure all mine are the same diameter all the way down.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hmm ... looking at that, I find this line to be awkward:

"10X Wide Field built-in"

(from "pg-2.jpg").

And it looks somewhat newer than my unit.

So -- you have determined the same thing from direct examination that I have from looking at the catalog you posted.

Certainly worth a try.

Best of luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

What is the diameter ? likely you can buy one from many sources.

is a great start. Edmund supplies high end to low end science needs.

We used them in college many years ago and in laboratories several years ago.

Mart> Not metal related, but does anyone know of a forum or newsgroup where

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I brought home a standard 23 mm ocular and tried it. It's workable, but I'd have to make an adapter (not a big deal) or alter the sockets into which the oculars fit.

I may need to make some internal adjustments. With two lenses held in place, the two were neither parcentric (focused on the same area) or parfocal (both in focus at the same time) I couldn't move the lenses enough from side to side to get them parcentric, so I suspect there's some internal adjustment to be made.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

The double image may be why someone originally removed one of the built in eyepieces . It is likely that one of the prisms inside the swiveling eyepiece tube got knocked out of position.

Reply to
anorton

Very possible! I have several Swift inspection microscopes and one of them came that way. Based on close observation of the outside of the body..it got knocked over and the clamps came loose. I played with it for about 15 minutes and got it all realigned nicely.

Ive had several binoculars over the years do the same, but they were all cheapies and I never bothered to try to open one up. I may have a box of them in my Stuff

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I looked at their site. I suspect I'd have to know exactly what strength lenses I was looking for there. I wonder if that's an offshoot of Edmund Scientific.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET