Army manuals

I think that the question you are asking is not what you really want - you don't want all army manuals - it would seem that you are only interested in manuals related to machinery and operation of machines, or do you also want things like 2167, 490, 882B and so on? I told you where to get FM101, there are many other TTP related manuals there, including AFSC pub 1 - there are probably well over 100,000 manuals and specs of all types on line at DoD - why would you duplicate that?

Reply to
Bill Noble

All it is saying is that there is a problem with the security certificate ( this is a secure https: site for some reason). If you just overide the error it will connect fine. It is no big issue since you do not have to supply any secure information to download.

Reply to
anorton

"Ignoramus7361" wrote

I, too, hate those sites you google for free manuals that require all this input of information, and then want to send you to pay for sites.

I hate Bing. So much shit to sift through for whatever you are looking for. How is it that they are so big now, and are used so much. I find it bloated, and neverending in any search.

But, like the manuals thing, in the beginning, it says "FREE METALWORKING MANUAL" .............. then half an hour later ....................

$29.95, free electronic shipping .................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It's MICRO$~1, and they don't care about their customers, most of whom are ignorant teeniebopper texters and scriptkiddies. They've microshafted Yahoo as well, so I have to have special software just to get my freaking email. I'm very seriously tempted to switch over to lycos.

I'm really leery of going to hotmail or gmail, althogh since gmail is a direct competitor of yahoo, that might be the wisest move. But Google has already made its pact with the devil, letting China censor their content. It's definitely Armageddon.

That's MICRO$~1's business practices - when they tried to get them for unfair business practices, they just buried the prosecutors in paper, much like IBM did in the '60s.

Sigh. Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes, complete with about 800 blank/strange pages appended to the end. I cleaned it up, removed the many titles I didn't want, and emailed a considerably shorter version back to you. You said you'd have it for me sometime after the 1st. That's why I asked. Want me to resend it?

P.S: Are all roads south closed to you today?

-- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

An honorable wish.

-- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean like TM-31-210 or FM-5-25

Reply to
Steve W.

Iggy -

Contact me off line - at home lionslair at consolidated.net type place.

Have many many manuals - some rare. Some not normally in public eye.

Mart> I was looking for a particular army manual today and I was very

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

These have a LOT of service and tech manuals for various electronic gear. Plus a few links to other sites.

Steve W.

Aha! A Geiger Counter (or similar). I wonder whether that is the one which I have. Five decade ranges (IIRC), Hand-held probe for the more sensitive ranges, internal tube for the less sensitive ranges. Under the handle is a battery compartment for quite a few batteries. Two size F cells (longer and a bit fatter than the standard D cells), a

15V battery, a 135V battery (which I made an adaptor to take two of the 45V snap contact batteries years ago, back when they were affordable.:-)

I really ought to make a DC-DC converter to run from rechargeable cells and produce all the needed voltages. Next time I need it, perhaps?

It came in a Navy storage box, with spares for both Geiger tubes and a test/calibration rod of Lucite with a radioactive source embedded in one end (painted a dayglow red).

I eventually had to replace the coiled cord to the probe with a RG-58 cable with BNCs on each end, and mount female BNCs on the box and the probe to accept those.

Wherever it is -- I still have the manual with it -- from back when manuals included schematics. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[ ... ]

Including the user-level manuals which describe carefully how something must be used to avoid damage. Just such damage was occurring to certain pieces of equipment, so the lab involved in the design of the equipment went to the field to see why the soldiers appeared to not be reading that part of the manuals -- what could be done to make them clearer.

So -- they asked the soldiers issued these (at the time classified) devices to show them the manuals. They were informed that the manuals were held in safes at the depot -- so they could be presented to the Inspector General's staff on request. As a result of this decision -- very expensive pieces of equipment were being damaged enough to render them useless. The users could *not* read what they should not do. :-(

Oh yes -- the manuals (which themselves were *not* classified) also included information on how to destroy the devices to prevent capture. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to
Ignoramus7361
[ ... ]

Note that hotmail belongs to Microsoft too.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[ ... ]

Are you *sure* those don't have the TM-* designation, too?

You skipped one option. Post it all to WikiLeaks. :-) (Lots of distribution, but that would probably get Uncle seriously mad at you and they might retroactively classify the manuals.)

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I thought that those are FM-....

That won;t work, wikileaks is not interested, I am sure.

Those manuals just need a stable distribution place and a running bittorrent.

Ignoramus7361

I have thet manual on my site too.

Out of top ten links on google for army rigging handbook, three point to my sites.

Ignoramus7361

As far as I know, they are not really on line.

Example is TM-5-3895-355-14&P.

Ignoramus26424

Steve, I have decided, for now, to only publish government produced manuals, as that does not expose me so much on the copyright front.

Ignoramus26424

Great, I am downloading a few of those.

Ignoramus26424

Why don't you provide links to the non-government manuals? That would be a valuable thing and should have no exposure as far as copyrights.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster