Automatic Lathes in Australia

Wanted in Australia Automatic Traub A25 cam lathe or similar in good conditions and with tooling

Reply to
al3howard

Willing to pay shipping from California? Ive got a matching pair of Traub A25s Id like to get $2000 for the pair. Tooled and running

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

========== Quick questions. How do the Traubs with the centerless ground guides compare to the same size Brownie with the traditional gibbed ways from a durability and maintaince standpoint? How does setup times compare? Do the cams cost about the same?

Google shows the following among 1,000s:

Unka George (George McDuffee) ============================= When you give power to an executive you do not know who will be filling that position when the time of crisis comes.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author. "Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter," in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr. in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Reply to
al3howard

Reply to
al3howard

Reply to
al3howard

Reply to
al3howard

To Gunner

Please advise condition of the 2 machines, and single or rocking tail stock ? Tooling with both machines and how many cross slides on each? Any special equipment? How old? tooling available including collets, gear changes and any others Speeds and parts per min?

Possible photo of the cross slide areas of thge 2 machines? Cost of packing including bar feeders and Could you please get a quote for CIF Brisbane, Australia and delivery time?

Best Regards al3howard

Reply to
al3howard

Hey Gunner - if your going to deliver em, stop in for a beer on the way back.......

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Ill swing into my storage area tommorow and take some pictures.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Sigh..Id love to. I dont even have a passport anymore..been probably 20 yrs since I needed one. Before that..the military id was enough.

Ive gained a couple customers down in Mexico..Montery..so I may need to check into getting another passport or whatever is needed.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 03:41:10 GMT, Gunner wrote: SNIP

Hey Gunner,

Up here, we're REAL pissed about the need to have a passport for ANYONE/EVERYONE (which includes US citizens) to enter the USA. This may be a requirement.sometime in the next few years. It is uncertain if that will mean ALL US lands and territories, or just the "lower

48".

It will have a damaging effect on many things and business in general, and to what avail? It will create an very expensive US border operation, and certainly will not stop "terrorists", criminals, or illegal's in any way. It will only dissuade people like you and I from entering.

I doubt that people living further than say 150 miles from the US-Canada border will think much about it at this time, as they don't probably care, but those that do live in the closer areas will just stop crossing either way at a moments notice.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

As of Dec 31, 2006, you will need a passport for all air and sea travel to Canada or Mexico. As of Dec 31, 2007, you will need a passport for ALL travel to Canada and Mexico.

I live near the canadian border, and go up there all the time- I have been carrying a passport for the last couple of years- yes, legally you can still use photo ID, but its lots slower, and you often get asked for a birth certificate- and who carries that?

With a passport, they just scan it, ask a few questions, and you are thru.

This is all coming back to the US- the canadians are much more flexible and quicker. So leaving aint the problem. Its coming back.

A passport costs 97 bucks, plus photos, and unless you are renewing, you must apply in person.

Reply to
Ries

I beg to disagree, Brian, once I got over the shock of having to get a passport to visit my son in the other London, I find it convenient to flash my little black "Canada" book and be on my way. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I've got a place in Tasmania & 2 in NSW including 600 acres of timber & scrub for shooting on. If I'm not away at sea, there'd be beer, sailing and popping the odd cap....

PDW

Reply to
Peter

My Canadian passport just cost me about C$87 :-p

Interesting note, if you fill out your application forms online, you bypass the huge line at the passport office. I was back in my car after

30min. If you manually fill out the paper form, you have to wait for hours and then you have to wait as the person transfers the info into the computer. I felt kind of bad, being shuttled to the "front of the line"...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Way cool..and thanks for the invite. Ill put it in my list of things to do!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

We will likely be as p*ssed as you or worse when we wake up to it being in effect. Considering the push for REAL ID drivers licenses, I don't see why US Customs would need a passport for Americans re-entering the US.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

As of January 1 a passport will be required to return from US possessions like the Virgin Islands too. Only Puerto Rico will be exempt.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I had a buddy that was US born and carrying a US made and stocked tool kit. He left N.Y. to work at IBM and then came back... nailed him at the border - importing HIGH TECH. Tools and a couple of IC's. The IC's were available by Digikey anywhere. Took all his tools... and held him until a fine was paid...

He walked across the boarder with it just fine - just should have had more paperwork.

Martin - Caution. Hunting in the back woods might present you with a Mountie wanting to see the correct 'stamp' :-)

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn