B&S Engine starts but won't run

On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 17:45:02 -0700, Tuesday Afternoon wrote:

Man, you morph and spin as good as Gunner.
What to do is each person's call. Eating long term reserves for a short time problem is idiocy.

Man, you morph and spin as good as Gunner.
Being short of food for a week or two is what I described as an inconvenience that does not justify breaking into long term stores. What you think you read is just the little voices in your head.

I'm making no pretences. You are making plenty of them. I said it would be foolish to use long term reserves for a short term problem. That's it. The rest is your voices again.

What I would do for money is not the issue. It's just more of your morphing. I have been employed all my life, rather profitably because I have some rather sellable skills. I have been rather frugal so my likelihood of being in Gunner's position is small.
But, aside from your morph, it's not about me. It's not about Gunner. It's about sane management of resources and that you seem to think blowing limited reserves for the hell of it is a sound fiscal plan.

Yet here you are too. Trying like hell to morph the thread to something other than your original demonstration of ignorance on a specific point.

There is no way I can compete with you on that score. You are as much a master of morph as Gunner is.

I never said it was. That is your voices again.

Ah, the personal attack. I was waiting for that. Thank you for conceding you have no valid point to make.

I won't argue that. It however IS one of those dreaded "non sequiturs". The issue was management of long term resources. The rest is your morph to keep an augment going. There is no argument; just your failure to understand the role of long term storage food.
It's really sad that you waste so much of you life going after Gunner instead of living. But that's your call. I made no statement in that direction. It's just another of your dreaded "non sequiturs".
On 9/4/2016 10:04 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

This is absolute Bullshit.. If and only if Weiber dumpster dived for food..It was because of a dire shortage of the food necessary to sustain life. In other words there was *NO* back up food! No one takes their life into their hands by eating possibly tainted food unless they are desperate. Weiber has posted more bullshit stories over the many years then any other Pinocchio. He also lives in California..one of the most generous welfare states in the Union. I am sure that his name is well known by the local Welfare folks and the generous Christian church's that he claims no ties to. Buddhists don't live like he does and they sure don't prevaricate profusely. Apparently Winston dipped into his wine reserves before posting this ridiculous retort!

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 23:25:38 -0500, PaxPerPoten wrote:

Which retort? Oh, you mean the one you snipped?
I made zero comment about Gunner. I said it would be silly for anyone to dip into long term reserves for a short term problem - especially when there are a great many other alternatives to explore.
THAT is all I wrote. Are you hearing the same voices Tuesday hears when he reads and misunderstands what I wrote - a very simple point about storage food and NOT at all about Gunner.
If you disagree with me on managing storage food please present your thoughts. If you want to bitch about Gunner take it to someone that gives a damn.
On 9/5/2016 12:50 AM, Winston_Smith wrote:

Apparently you still haven't finished with that Wine overdose. Reread your own original posting on this subject. You were defending Gunners lunacy.

What Tuesday wrote was |--Wieber claims he has good food sealed in argon since '99!
To which I replied |--Seventeen years is well within the typical 25 year storage life for |--PROPERLY PACKAGED grains and legumes. Sealed cans filled with any |--noble gas IS properly packaged. The problem is O2 in the air. You can |--displace it with nitrogen, carbon dioxide, or any inert gas or you can |--capture it with an O2 absorber placed in the can just before sealing. |-- |--At that age the nutritional value of flour is questionable but it's |--eatable and will fill your belly.
Where is any defense of Gunner?
On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 08:14:43 -0700, Winston_Smith

defending

for

You can

you can

sealing.

it's

Well you kind of snipped out the part where you said you were defending Gunner, didn't you?

What...Whiney didnt post any cites again?
Snicker
Gunner

OMFG Wieber is giving survival advice again!
Wieber brags that for 30 years he's been stocked up for 90 days minimum!
Wieber claims he has good food sealed in argon since '99!
Wieber has been dumpster diving!
Wait, what? Which one of those statements is not like the others?
"I called the local churches. I wasnt a mother in need. The food ran out. The lights and gas were turned off... So I went dumpster diving. And I sat in a house with no gas or electricity and ate my dumpster food, and shared it with my dogs and cats. We all were happy to have food. For two weeks." http://groups.google.com/group/rec.crafts.metalworking/msg/a2ddd7a2af9e6173
Hey Wieber, why didn't you just eat some of your stash? Why did you need dumpster food for 2 weeks if you had 90 days food in stock? Weren't there any boars nearby that you could spear? Why didn't you think of writing up a description of a six course meal, and eating the printout?

Hum? Oh..I was gifted with about 1200 lbs of #10 canned essentials about 5 yrs ago, by a Morman client of mine, who was going to restock his pantry with all new fresh stocks. You missed that series of posts didnt you? Pity about your blindness and ignorance.
I also have great sadness for you for your blind hatred and buffoonery. Its widely known you dont much care for me (Grin), its well documented that you hide who and what you are, yet make stupid attacks on me, both here on Usenet and via other media. The multiple attempts to sign me up for gay porn sites and gay dating sites has given all of us here a rather fun time as I forwarded them to my friends along with your possible identity....lots of laughter and chuckling at you. (Grin)
Now back to the preps. As everyone knows...in 1999, I made sure I was stocked up for at least 6 months in concern of Y2K, as its been a long term habit of mine to do. Which is why I was able to feed my neighbors after the 1983 Coalinga Earthquake (you do remember those discussions..right?) As is also well known..Ive had a series of economic ups and downs and over time, we've eaten a lot of our stored goods, and 5 yrs ago, when I took in 2 other families and I was forced to feed them as they were not working (you must remember those threads..right?)..we ate a lot of our stored foods.
During that 2 week period..we were out of Everything edible. A speed bump of sorts, which I was able to correct. Sometimes all the bills come in at once and one can either eat, or live in a home with no lights or water and temps over 100F. Not something I was happy about..but..shrug...shit happens now and then. Particularly when one has to support a disabled wife and the odd hangers on. At least..the dogs never do without food. Crom be praised!
Im down to about 400 lbs of beans, rice, etc etc and will need to rebuild my stocks as soon as possible. Now that Ive got the big van back on the road, my unique expenses are done (for the moment) and particularly since Ive gotten rid of the 2 families...we can start putting more back in stock. In fact..the same gentleman who gifted me with the Large quanity of food stuffs has even more later canned goods that may be available to me. He mentioned it a few months ago, but as I didnt have anyway to pull a trailer..I put him off. Now that Moby Van is on the road..Ill be able to take whatever he has to offer, home with me.
Now...who are you? (Grin) Or are you afraid of something and will continue to hide behind bogus names and continue to puke out hate and buffoonery? What are you afraid of? Me? Goodness..everyone knows Im just a lovable harmless fuzzball. Put your gonads back on (if you can find them) and announce who you are and be proud that you are an enemy of mine. Revel in it. Afterall...what harm can come of it?
(Grin)
Gunner
On 9/7/2016 12:13 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

*What* "wife", gummer? You don't have a wife.
and
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/talk.politics.guns/XjXgZx2Gby4/USsRRD862EUJ
Is his the same "wonderful woman" to whom you said in May 2017 that you had been married for 43 years? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid 213532517089600&set=a.4471120978433&type=3&theater
But why would you be paying any expenses in 2016 for a woman to whom you were only briefly married prior to 1974?
You just can't ever keep your lies straight, you fucking liar and *THIEF*.

I love his claim to be a decorated veteran by the government of...Rhodesia.
"Ive got 3 clusters on my Purple Heart. And 2 tours in SEA. And another one in Rhodesia. And 8 yrs on the street as a cop." Gunner Asch, (aka Mark R. Wieber) Apr 21, 2010
On Mon, 02 Mar 2020 20:49:43 -0600, Mitchell Holman

Decoration from Rhodesia? Where did you read that..you poor sad degenerate?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!!
__
Yeah..with no bag limit.

You posted it, remember?

It means the same as Trump claiming to be fiscal conservative "who will be working too hard to play golf".

I've got about 20 spares at the one customer site and a few extras here at home too but they are all corded and this one is cordless.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:58:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

If you're a touch typist, simply dot the F and J keys with a mound of epoxy or fingernail polish, or superglue a rounded piece of broken key to the tops. If you're not a touch typist, shame on you. You should have learned that by now. When computers came out, I sure was glad I took typing in 9th grade.
--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our

Nott a touch typist, sad to say. I twisted rnches in hgh school insead of tappng keys. Serverd me very well for 26 years.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 20:07:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

When I retired and bought my first computer ('94), I got a typing course on CD and worked on it religiously for a couple years. Since then I have reverted to the biblical method - "seek, and ye shall find".
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

I got into computers in the Teletype era, the early 70's. They don't delete mistakes and I decided I'd rather be slower entering the text and less embarrassed showing it to someone.
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/386870.html
The VT100 terminal was a marvelous advance. It accepted codes in instant messages that permitted messing up the recipient's screen in many creative ways, like making random letters break loose and slide down to pile up at the bottom of the screen, or a little Pac-Man-like sprite that would nibble a twisty path through your displayed program. They only disrupted screen memory, not the source.
--jsq^Hw

    [ ... ]

    I learned at home -- *long* before home computers. My aunt had a set of rubber caps to go over the keys, and a wall chart, and got me to type using the chart instead of the keycaps. I've been glad that I learned it ever since. (Of course, my handwriting is so terrible that I *need* to type. :-)
    [ ... ]

    Slower -- no lower case, took a *lot* of force on the keycaps, noisy, and the smell of hot oil. (ASR-33, FWIW)
    *And* -- the ability to set the ASR-33 up to send an identification string when asked by the computer or another terminal on the line. But once you set it -- you were stuck with it until you got some repair parts. There was a plastic drum with a bunch of flags, which you broke off to set the characters to be sent. No way to replace the flags -- just the whole drum. You could *change* existing characters to *some* others -- by adding bits (breaking off remaining flags).

    Hmmm ... I've used VT100s (and later DEC terminals -- I still have a VT-240 used for some things upstairs), but I didn't know about those codes. I could imagine a *program* doing that to the screen, however, as there was a lot of cursor-addressing stuff built in there, and the ability to replace characters at need. (Hmm ... also setting up an area of the screen to be sent while the rest stays put.)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail