B&S micrometer friction adjustment?

The patient is a Brown and Sharp 1" micrometer. The problem is that requires so much force to turn that the micrometer is unusable. Yes, the knurled lock is released. The threads have been cleaned and lubed. The barrel fits into a bushing that is threaded inside and outside. I'm guessing the barrel is the key to this, but I don't see a way to adjust it. Any clues?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

You didn't say whether you cleaned the barrel itself.

It's been a while since I had one of these in my hands, but basically you remove the end cap, slide off the barrel and a friction spring.

Clean everything up and reassemble.

Reply to
Carmine Castiglia