backhoe

BTW...I posted a picture in the dropbox named Backhoe....duh! don't know how long it will take to show up.

Mike

Reply to
mike

Looks good to me. One warning I have is take good care of the transmission and differential on that thing. It's a major pain to fix either one as well as extremely expensive. Be darn sure to maintain oil level and change filters often.

Last summer I put a new clutch in one just like it. It takes about 5 times longer to remove the backhoe and front end loader than it does to split the tractor and replace the clutches. But that tractor wasn't to bad on the parts bill.

But last fall I had to split a 410A and it was much worse. It took a good day for a crew of 6 to remove the backhoe and front end loader. But on that tractor we started at the transmission and moved back trying to find the problem. It turned out that the differential had exploded once we got back that far. It took over $7000 in parts to fix the differential on that tractor.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I have seen many references to the "dropbox" for pictures. Where might this be located?

tim

Reply to
TSJABS

A.Gent

A guy recommended to me that when it's cold, raise the rear end up with the stabilizers and let the tires spin for a while under no load. He said he saw some operators doing that, inquired, and was told that it makes it last longer. I don't know but distributing and warming the oil under no load sounds like a good idea to me.

Reply to
Roger N

I will investigate that. Maybe the dealer has some light to shed on that. Yesterday I did some telephone work and came up with the parts manual free of charge and the technical manual in my possession to copy, went to office max and it looks like it will cost me about $50 or so to make a copy....a far cry from the dealers quote of $238 for the tech. manual and $105 for the parts manual. Some days you get lucky.

Mike

Reply to
mike