Bandsaw recommendation for 6" Alu Rounds

After 4 months of hard work, I killed off my Enco 7x12 bandsaw cutting

6" Aluminum rounds and 3" 4140 rounds. It worked ok but was hard to get cuts better than +- about .035". We're making about 400-500 cuts/month.

Any recommendations for a decent bandsaw? Key for us is accuracy on the 6" aluminum cuts. We cut wafers from .500" to 1" thick and would like to get cuts parallel to about +- .010".

My budget is about $1500 so I'm looking used. The Kalamazoo 7AW looks like it might be a good fit. No need to do any mitre cuts.

Thanks.

Reply to
Al Youngwerth

Why a bandsaw? A large blade chop saw with flood coolant, and a carbide tipped blade, would give you much greater accuracy, and blade life.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler