best pricing?

I have a few things to purchase so in the spirit of cheapness i checked several catalogs for the identical item (or 2) those being: production tool, msc, J&L, Machine shop discount club and ENCO

the results were: ENCO beat them all every time by a considerable margin.

My Question is: is there anyone else out there that i should check out? I'm fairly new to machine tool stuff so i'm sure there must be other contenders out there that i don't know about.

thanks for any suggestions! rtv

Reply to
rtv

I order from Enco if they have it. They don't carry everything, though. I never ever order from Production Tool any more. I still check sales flyers for Travers Tool and KBC Tool. Mostly I wind up ordering from Enco if they have it, or MSC if they don't, or McMaster-Carr if they have it.

Grant Erw> I have a few things to purchase so in the spirit of cheapness i checked

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Try Wholesale Tool

Reply to
Nick Hull

Please tell me why you don't order from Production tool anymore. Is it price, quality or service or combination? I'm curious because they are a good customer of mine.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hey Tom,

Really?!? Where are your products in their catalogue? Oh Oh..My latest catalogue is 2001. I buy machine brushes there from time to time, but only what I see on display "out front". Looks like in my catalogue they call them "counter brushes". Didn't you suggest a new style here on rcm a while ago that you were making? Anyway, I've wanted to try one or two of yours for some time now, if you can give me a PT cat.# I'll pick up a couple.

Anybody else carry them?

Take care.

Brian Laws>Please tell me why you don't order from Production tool anymore. Is it

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Hey rtv,

Wholesale Tool in Warren, Michigan ( Detroit) has pretty good in store prices and specials like cutters by the pound. And there is a guy who works ther that frequents us here on rcm from time to time, and he offers a further 10% off if you mention rcm. I think his name is Wayne.

Take care.

Brian Laws>I have a few things to purchase so in the spirit of cheapness i checked

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Brian,

We're their "economy line" compared to Weiler Brush. Look at the page: ohiobrush.com Most of our commercial stuff is there. Anything you want, in or out of the catalog, call me toll-free 888-411-3265 I'll probably get flamed for blatant capitalism here but...

I'm always doing new stuff, 1/3 of everything I make, I didn't make 3 years ago. How's that for adapting! -I still wish that great-grandpappy owned a liquor store-

Tommy

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Because in 5 years I didn't find them best in price or availability not once, so I just quit getting their catalog. It isn't complicated. I only have so many feet of shelf space. They don't appear to me to be competitive.

Grant

Tom Gardner wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin