Bid screwup!

This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.

Jeff
p://

What is your point? This happens quite often. Were you one of the bidders?
Paul
Reply to
co_farmer
The bidders made stipulations which are amendments to the bid. None was accepted, do a rebid. So what is the point of the post?
Jeff wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
More than likely there was one honest contractor who pointed out discrepancies and UBC or other code problems with the original bid request. Its standard practice for a lot of contractors to bid a job as written and then after receiving it point out the problems and screw the client on change orders.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
If your scenario is true, I hope that honest contractor eventually gets the contract. After all, he has already performed valuable work analyzing the specifications and pointing out errors to the school district. I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce their fees for the errors that delayed the project?
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Not a chance, around here engineering firms F/U all the time and charge extra to fix the problems. If I was on the school board or city council there would be a list of firms that would be flat out denied the right to bid on all future work.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Reply to
Randy