BP spindle brake?

On both my J-heads, the spindle brake acts just the same. Push it forwards or pull it back and it engages the brake, everything feels fine. In the manual, however, it says you can push/pull it and then lift it up and it will engage the lock mechanism, but on neither of mine does this happen.

Is there an adjustment I can make, or are my brakes worn out or something?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Hi Grant,

I just went and checked my J-Head and I can lock the spindle brake after I have pushed/pulled and then lifted the lever.

Reply to
JB

Reply to
David Billington