Bracelet inspired by a thrust bearing

I don't think you'd have trouble achieving the precision you require. I would assume that in a cosmetic field like jewelery, if you can make the part, you can make the tool (as long as you're not _too_ fussy). Naturally the repeatability is excellent...

I believe it would be possible to make a system (standard die shoes, punch retainers, die buttons, etc.) where you could actually produce a short run of parts more quickly using the die than making each part by hand (building the tooling included). However, for the most part, the effort probably would still not be worth it given the quantities and variety of work you do.

Interesting to consider. There's quite a bit of money in making short run tooling inexpensively...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

See it doesn't surprise me that you can make stuff like this at all.

What surprises me is that people will pay you enough to live via doing this sort of stuff!!

I wonder, did you virtually starve at first, or did you have some other basis, support or entre??

But, as always, extremely nice work.

_-_-bear

Reply to
BEAR

The simple answer is that there are people with more dollars than sense!

Lane

Reply to
Just Me

Some people are willing to pay good money for what you call "extremely nice work". They usually also call it that.

Click "A Confession" on my home page at

reading that addresses your questions clearly.

Abrasha

Abrasha