Have I found Him?

Check this out:Babin Machine Tool - Brockton, MA - Contact More Info

Distributor, Service Company Company Profile: Machine tools for precision metal working, prototype & modeling. toolroom equipment retrofitting & rebuilding. Hardinge HLV & Bridgeport millers. EVS spindle conversions. New bedmills, bed mills,... Brand Names: Atrump, Cadillac, Prototrak, Webb, Accu

Bob (ducking, bobbing and weaving) Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Domain registration contact details hidden by a proxy.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Bob, It's funny, but I knew before even reading your message who you were talking about. Who else? Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

couple of the sub-pages. We may be tarring somebody who doesn't deserve it. If this guy is innocent, he is likely to have a difficult time selling opver the web, though, with that name!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I always enjoyed reading Al's E-bay negitive feedback some of his replys were funny . I bet his phone won't stop ringing now that this is out ,all the people that he toolk advantage of will be calling .Even if its not the real Al Babin he's in for it.

Reply to
tim

If it isn't our old "friend" Al, he's sure to hear a lot about his namesake! If he decides to open an eBay store, he will REALLY get a torrent of vitriol.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

This is not the infamous Al Babin. I've done business with these guys on several occasions and couldn't be happier. The owners Leo and Paul a father son team are both master scraper hands and machine tool rebuilders. I've seen the CNC Hardinge as well as several rebuilt BP's in person, and their work is excellent. These guys are the total opposite of Al Babin, and their work speaks for itself. They do know of Al Babin, I think they are pretty aware of how his name has affected their business. I believe it was the first question I asked before I thought of doing any business with them. Hope this sets the record straight.

No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Regards,Kev> tim wrote:

Reply to
Kevin L

I kind of thought so. Even though their web page doesn't display quite right on Mozilla, it didn't have that fractured feel of the real Al Babin. Machine brands were spelled correctly, for instance. Too bad they are saddled with the bad Babin's reputation. Oh, and they are NOT in CT!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Ah, nope. This is the infamous alli babbin:

Under the name "Bella Sales."

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Naw! No Way Jose! Lookit, that guy had a 99% favorable feedback rating.!

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I actually *bought* something from Sr. Babbin a while ago. It showed up on time and was the right thing, even.

Maybe 'ol Al is wising up to fact that if you do business better, you make more money.

He was mar-jen for a while, bella was in operation quite some time ago for a bit. But the southington addess is a strong indication.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

That's really interesting. I have bought several items from Bella sales. All questions I asked were tersly answered but the items all arrived quickly and were as advertised. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

He does have more than the usual neutral and negative feedback, but all the company names (Hardinge, Sunnen, etc.) are spelled correctly. Can Babin do that? It seemed like that was impossible for him in the past. Maybe he has hired competent help in the eBay sales and shipping dept, and now he just scouts up the stuff for the buying side of the business. (Of course, the way he used to do business, one could wonder how ethically he ran that side of the business, too!)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

OK, now I believe it IS him! Check out this listing - pure Babin !

A jumble of upper-case text - power stork? SRPING, SETSREW, TENSIOIN ARM, THUM SCREW, etc. Got to be the Babin!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It's actually a lot better than he used to do. His former hallmark was the green-d out background and soft-focuss effect in the pictures...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I, too, recently met Paul Babin and I am glad I did. Babin Machine Tool in Brockton, MA does some magnificent work restoring Hardinge lathes and innovating their own machinery, such as their X-Mill. Please, please don't for a second confuse these folks with your legendary nemesis.

Their web site does not do justice to the quality of their work. I met them at EASTEC 2005, though my friend and master machinist Jon told me about them earlier - with a glowing report. Fantastic people, outstanding workmanship.

-Spencer (planning on being a future customer of Babin Machine Tool, Brockton, Massachussets)

Reply to
Spencer