bracket strength

Does anyone know the PSI rating for the l shaped brackets you find at Home Depot. These are the ones in the roofing area, not the window area. I am using them as part of a system to raise and lower wheels on a workbench and cannot have them bending on me. Thanks guys...

Reply to
Chris Carruth

give this guy an award for vagueness

Reply to
Jon Grimm

If they're made of steel, 20,000 PSI stress would probably be a reasonably conservative estimate.

This would also apply to the ones in the window area, if they're made of steel...

Reply to
Don Foreman

Retractable landing gear for heavy stuff:

jw

Reply to
jim.wilkins

The answer is..... 42

Reply to
carl mciver

Carl, Check your math, I think you rounded wrong, it is actually 43.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
carl mciver

Can't be. Remember the scrabble tiles on prehistoric earth and what they spelled out?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Ok if DT says so I am wrong. Just hope the OP did not use my answer of 43 in his design.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I have an idea...how about I give this group an award for rudeness and being jerks when all I was looking for was some assistance...go _)(&_)%)@( yourselves..

Reply to
Chris Carruth

Um, a couple of free clues for you, Chris:

  1. You're not paying any of us consulting fees, so we don't have a duty to perform to your demands.
  2. Your question was, if not vague, then at least without enough information. You assume we all know what a Home Depot is, what their stock is in which department, how they differ, how big your workbench is, and how PSI works into whatever design you have in mind.
  3. When you top-post, you f*ck up the flow of the conversation.

Other than that, great knowing you. Maybe you should _observe_ usenet for a bit longer before you manage to piss off the rest of it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You seem like a sensitive guy, Chris. A Google usenet search on your email address shows you've sent 3 flames for rudeness on the first page.

You did ask a question that absolutely cannot be answered by a responsible person with the information supplied. Perhaps Jon could have been a little more tactful, but hey, this is a metalworking crowd. I've read way worse.

So if you really do want an answer to your question, find the manufacturer of the part and send them an email. If the parts were in the roofing department, one would hope that the manufacturer had actually designed them to some specification.

But as I said, there's *no* way anyone here would know the answer to you question. We don't know the part you're talking about and we didn't design it.

And please don't toppost.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Way to make new friends 101 by Chris Carruth.

No fear, I am sure he has plenty others to ask the "unanswerable" question to.

Reply to
Chris