bridgeport rebuild

Hello all,

Someone on here has a VERY nice writeup of the rebuild they did on an M head Bridgeport, but do you think I can find it? If someone could please post the link for me would be great.

Thanks.

Jeridiah

Reply to
cyberzl1

Go to Google and type in "M head reguild" and see what you get.

Bob May

I have an old M head, round-ram Bridgeport, serial # 1388 (roughly 1938). I have retrofitted it with a J head, which was a great improvement. But, what do you need to know? I've had much of it apart at one time or another.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Is the M head column/base exactly the same as the newer J head? Was there any loss of y-axis travel?

Reply to
Vladimir Vladimirovich

I was just trying to get a scope of it as I have an M head I am thinking about tearing apart completely and "refreshing". Not sure if you can call it a rebuild w/o scraping ways and such. I just plan to give this a thorough cleaning, fix any minor issues, and repainting. I don't think I can justify the cost of recraping the ways and such. Other than being really old, this machine isn't really that worn out.

Someone here had a link to their personal webpage where they had done something similar. Except he had rescrapped the ways. It was a very well done page and I was trying to find it again. I have tried every combination of search terms I can think of and have not been able to find it.

Do you have your old head? I would be interested in it.

Thanks

JW

Reply to
cyberzl1

Bob May wrote: : Go to Google and type in "M head reguild" and see what you get. ^^^^^^^ --Aye, that would be a beauty, eh? :-)

Reply to
steamer