Bubble Room Failure Analysis

A couple of fellas in N. Nevada made an underwater bubble structure in a lake near their house and now are considering making and selling a retail product.

IMO this has lawsuit/death trap/gene pool cleansing all over it. It's gotten a moderate amount of media attention. They anchored it with stainless cables to boulders. They are also thinking of making a swimming pool version. How the hell are they going to keep that submerged? A ton or two of lead?

***********************************
facebook & twitter too

Reply to
AuntyPalin

They finally found a safe use for DU, huh?

-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I totally agree with you. I have recently completed my basic scuba training, and even with a breathing apparatus, I'd keep a good distance from that contraption. It is essentially a penetration dive with a bunch of steel cables added to further increase the danger.

They claim they have a PADI license, but their behavior in the clip show that they are either lying or they are ignoring what they have been taught. More danger.

Reply to
Robert Roland