Re: Typhoon and Thunderbolt bubble canopies

Hate to "burst your bubble", but this seems highly unlikely. The canopies might be somewhat similar, or even identical, but if so, this is purely coincidence. Both aircraft were converted to "bubble" canopies as engineered, production-line design revisions, not some kind of chainsaw field modification with leftover canopies. Thunderbolts were built in the US by Republic; Typhoons were built in England by Hawker. I doubt that they collaborated on the canopy design. Check your drawings before you go firing up your 1/32-scale Husqvarna - maybe they're close enough that it won't matter. I suspect the Typhoon has a more slender fuselage (and therefore narrower canopy) than the T-bolt, though.
John

If you do cut up the Thunderbolt can I get the 8 .50 cal wing guns from you?
Cheers from Peter

The very first bubbletop Thunderbolt used Typhoon canopy hardware, so you sort of have your story backwards. Typhoon canopy -> Thunderbolt; then both Typhoon and Thunderbolt develop parallel production versions using similar canopies. The Typhoon kept the same windshield in both versions so I'm not sure if a Thunderbolt canopy would necessarily fit.
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

The first bubble-top Thunderbold, the XP-47K, was created by cutting down the fusilage decking of an early P-47D and installing a Typhoon bubble canopy. The bubble canopy used on the production Thunderbolts was a different design.
Unless you just wanted to spend money on a T-bolt, you could just get the vac Typhoon bubble canopy from Squadron................