Bulb Tricks

I've done something about it and had quite a bit of fun at his expense. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I'm glad to hear you are trying this person *for entertainment purposes only*, because if you think you can rearrange his/her neurons to conform to Reality as we all know it, you're going to be disappointed.

The General Rule is that most people have their heads filled with mush when it comes to information. And they truly believe in that mush, and will fight to the death to *defend* it. IOW, they're lost and want to stay that way. Is OK with me. They are comfortable being lost, and I am comfortable with them being comfortable regarding their being Lost.

What is at stake here? Not much. The Truth is out of the bag for anybody who wants to know it. Regarding the revisionists, they can paint the Truth any color they want to. It doesn't change anything.

What about those Indians (people of India) who think monkeys are sacred? Cows are sacred? So they live in cow and monkey shit up to their knees and believe in all kinds of nonsense? Millions of them, billions of people who are dancing to a different tune than you and I. What of it? So what? Who cares?

Foreskin isn't going to change his ways, so keep on entertaining yourself to your heart's desire. Until you realize you're running out of energy doing so, and could best spend that energy on other thing with a CHANCE of success.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence_Glickman

Well put.

I'm not comfortable when I have to use poorly designed software than I know can be much better and that wastes my time and / or won't let me easily machine a part the way I want to machine a part. For whatever reason that really f****ng pisses me off. Might be because I've spent a good deal of time understanding so many different products in an effort to find out if anyone had gotten it right. Along the way my machining skills have gotten better creating an even more demanding perspective and of course the software has gotten much better. I really use to hate Mastercam which is the most popular product for machinists. I actually enjoy using parts of Mastercam now. Still have quite a bit to learn about the product which is made difficult because our reseller sucks and training material for Mastercam could be a lot better. Mastercam had a reseller who produced top rate video training material but they screwed him over and he now sells and supports another product. : (

I agree not much is at stake.

Actually I think he will get worse and worse.

Well, keep in mind I don't think for one moment I will have any chance of success with him. I do think it's an excellent way to chat with others I might not otherwise chat with... you for instance. ;>) The group I'm most active in (alt.machines.cnc) has been dying a slow death for years thanks in part to Cliff Huprich and the stalking tactics he pioneered in alt.machines.cnc. alt.machines.cnc badly needs new posters, which isn't going to happen. I keep waiting for someone to do a properly moderated web forum for machinists. I'm sure someone will eventually get it right.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Factory Rep should be able to train operators on how to work the software. Most have classes, and either go to the customer, or have the customers come to them.

I used to work with robots that populated circuit boards with surface mount components. At the rate of up to 10/second, with an accuracy of

1/2 the width of a human hair. The machines that did this were in the multi-ton range and had enormous parts and modules, but it all came down to one thing: putting a component _exactly_ where it belonged on the PCB in the shortest amount of time possible.

Of course, the computer programs to do this were mind boggling. That was Major Trouble for most of us who didn't work with the software DAILY, because there was so much to know, it was easy to forget.

Huge multi-ton machines to place components the size of a flea. Somehow, it all came together, but the mind boggles at the size and complexity of the machinery needed to perform the operation.

And the price tag.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence_Glickman

Mastercam is sold through independent VAR's (Value Added Resellers). There is no factory rep. The Mastercam VAR in San Diego, CA is absolutely horrible. The only answer right now is to get very expense Mastercam VAR training outside of San Diego, CA from another VAR. We are thinking of doing this. This was discussed yesterday at Westec.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

The one you told the folks at emastercam.com to contact?

So you very badly need a great deal of training & they well know it. Did you tell them that you were utterly clueless to begin with?

They probably had a booth, right? And the boss went .....

I doubt it.

Reply to
Cliff

Any fistfights to report?