CA rules on Propane bottle without the new I/O port :-)

Abrasha -

I don't think you understand. I know all about propane tanks - I have expired a number because they ran out of date.

THe OPD limits flow. Those in the small 5 gallon bottles are now only OPD and only those are filled - unless by a wildcat or non compliant supplier.

I live 65 or so miles south of you and I'm sure the rules are not that much different.

I'm using it on my forge and going to build a furnace. The OPD won't provide the flow I need for the higher burn rate needed.

I'm sure you use a small torch or a barbe - I use the new OPD's on the barbe.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

The pot calling the kettle black...

Reply to
J. Morvay

And you said Schwarzenegger couldn't figure it out? Get a dollar and buy yourself a clue.

Reply to
StampOutDumbPosters

Tanks that are used for cutting or welding are exempt from needing the OPD.

When my forge tank runs out I plan to label it cutting/welding use only in big letters and to bring it and a copy of the regulations to the supplier.

I just took a full day class in propane use and safety and the cutting/welding exemption was mentioned in the class.

Reply to
Philippe Habib