Carbide Inserts?

I have some cheap Enco lathe tool holders that came with TCMM (TT) 321 inserts. The holders suit my needs, but I am now running out of inserts. Enco wants 3-5 bucks a piece for them. I have tried EBay and I have yet to see this insert listed. Is there some place that has them cheaper or better yet, what inserts might be substituted for use with these holders?

TIA

Jay Cups

Reply to
JayCups

Buy good ones. You get what you pay for. I usually get a lot of mileage out of inserts, are you having some kind of problems?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Try CarbideDepot.com

Reply to
Errol Groff

I have a bunch, way more than I'll probably ever use. If you want to discuss a possible arrangement, go to html://

which shows you a graphical picture of my email address (nonharvestable by spambots) and contact me offline.

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

No, I am not having any problems and the old ones lasted pretty long or until I did something stupid and broke them. I have reground the old ones about as much as I can. For my other tool holders I have been able to get cheaper ones of good quality off of EBay.

Jay

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
JayCups

Woo Woo. I gotta put one of those on my webpage. Nice idea!

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:43:49 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Note to Grant: "HTTP://" works better. ;)

Check your email box, Wes. Happy Turkey Day.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cool. Did you use gimp or something else?

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:49:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Photoshop CS2. But Gimp can do that from what I hear. _Some_ day I'll actually get a Linux machine up and running and find out.

Fred's welcome, Wes. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gimp runs on winders too.

Runs from an usb flash drive and don't have to install it on your computer. I carry a bunch of portable apps with me.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:39:48 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Ah, interesting! Danke. I have a 2GB Sandisk Cruzer drive already. Hmmm...[downloading now]

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You might want to do some searching on Gimp and Windows. I've noted a lot of different ways to run it while searching for other stuff. Here is another link to check out:

Leon Fisk

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:02:17 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon Fisk quickly quoth:

Thanks, Leon. I DLed the portable and it's giving me beaucoup errors both while loading and when trying to open a file. I have to double cancel the errors and then it works fine. Strange.

I'll try another download and see if it works better from that.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I would have to do some digging, but there was a website that had available for download just the libraries/functions (Cygwin) needed for the Gimp. The one I offered maybe the one, I didn't look that close. Just thought I would make you aware of it.

If you can get it running, there are some pretty cool plugins available :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Sorry you are having problems with it Larry, I've used it periodically for a few months w/o errors on a couple machines, one a W2K and the other a Xpee.

The windows version that installs as a non portable version is at:

Wes

Reply to
Wes