Caustic Soda tank

Yes but it should not be a problem for caustic cleaning solutions as it tends to occur at higher temperatures.

"Low concentrations of caustic can be safely handled by carbon steel up to

180oF/82oC, where CSCC starts to become a risk factor, while the safe upper limit for a 50% solution is approximately 150oF/65oC"

"Austenitic Stainless SteelsAustenitic (300 series) stainless steels possess good resistance to caustic up to approximately 50% and temperatures about

200oF/93oC. At, and above 200oF/93oC, the austenitics exhibit unstable passivity and can suffer severe general corrosion if activated. Above approximately 250oF/121oC they are susceptible to SCC (see Figure). No distinction is made between 304SS and 316SS regarding resistance to caustic as their behaviors are similar. They are also susceptible to chloride SCC if substantial chlorides are present in low grade caustic. "

David Deuchar

Well, I dropped off a re-ferb drum to him , I'm sure I'll hear from the stub legged user someday if it fails. SS drum, got to find one of those, I would never set it out on the curb. Never saw one.

I could care less what ole Roger want's with it. All I know is that I had to make a special stop just to take the big plug out (facing down) so some candy ass didn't drop a dime on it.

SW, who would have loved chemistry , but was excluded for obvious reasons. I bet if I said boo in yuppy park 10 women would jump over their kids. How much for the wife and kids??? LOL, I'd love to show them a picture of my kid and how all theirs' don't add up to near cuteness !!!

Life is fun. See the sheep people run.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Sunworshipper: Thanks again for the drum. I will see it gets put to good use. Roger in Vegas Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Reply to
Roger Hull