4 x 6 bandsaw motor magic smoke

Well it let go today, stalled while I didn't notice and it died. Starter winding gone. It's done sterling service for about 6 years now so its not that bad. My problem is the motor plate give most details but not the RPM and neither does the manual. Anyone know the standard motor RPM for these beasts. I'm in the UK so 240V 50Hz .

Reply to
David Billington

The Harbor Freight version is 110V 60Hz but I would think the pulleys and RPM would be the same. According to their manual it calls for a 1720 RPM motor.

It's on page 4:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Thanks for the info. I just went and checked the pulley and wheel sizes and the worm ratio to validate it, it'll be a 1425rpm motor on UK 50Hz. Glad I checked as the worm and wheel are on their last legs. Had problem with the engagement when I bought it and the mesh was so bad the motor would hardly turn it. Got a bit of servicing and adjustment to do later in the week, Good thing is MachineMart in the UK who supplied it has the worm and wheel as spares and they'll be with me in 2 - 3 days for £17.45 total, about $31 US.

Keith Marshall wrote:

Reply to
David Billington

The usual motor speed in the UK will be the same as here in Aus. Nominally

1440 rpm.
Reply to
Tom Miller

and the worm ratio to validate it, it'll be a 1425rpm motor on UK 50Hz. Thanks for the info. I just went and checked the pulley and wheel sizes

Reply to
Keith Marshall