Central Texas Machinery Auction

One of the better machinery auctions to come our way...

Maybe someone would care to comment on the "Machinery Whatucallit"

Reply to
Gary Brady

It will be interesting to see what that AR-180 goes for. An early Costa Mesa, California built model

The Harleys will go for as much as all the machine tools combined

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

I was impressed with the "Tool Grinder" and the Potter & Johnson CO. "shaper". You wonder, sometimes. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Looks like two Kurt II vices with no bid - look like 6" ones. They are labeled as Turk II

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

select on the item - to view - look at the Monarch Engine lathe 12' bed ?! Large and heavy. But capability built in.

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

R> I was impressed with the "Tool Grinder" and the Potter & Johnson CO.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

That "shaper" looks more like some kind of hole punching press to me.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Ohh - a nice tilting rotary table. Wish I was a little closer :-)

Reply to
James P Crombie

and the tool grinder under it is the shaper, cant tell what kind, probably by the boat anchor company :-)

Reply to
James P Crombie

I looked up the Rahn Plankator, expensive little piece of equipment. A little out of place with the rest of the stuff.

James P Crombie

It's a sharpening fixture for end mills and cutters, just what you've always wanted. Its twin is in J&L's catalogue here:

also at the bottom of this page

I've emailed the auctioneer in response to his plea for help.

Regards Ian

Reply to
iange

That PEXTO "Metal Brake" sure looks like a shear to me.

Wimberly is just down the road a piece, but I don't have the room or the budget for the interesting goodies.

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed Bailen

I think it's a shear, too. Unfortunately, going to be out of town that weekend,can't go and browse.

Where you at, Ed?

Reply to
Gary Brady

That "tool Grinder" looks a lot like a shaper I used to have.

Reply to
Ron Thompson

The mailing address says Leander, but we actually live near Sandy Creek Park by Lake Travis.

Reply to
Ed Bailen