Chain saw brakes!

I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and I'm glad my saws have 'em. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Due to the handy device, you kept your hand?

Lets give a big hand for chain brakes!

I've got to hand it to you.....

Now, everybody... SING!!!!!!!

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The break often hits the helmet of the sawer. Sometimes it is brush.

I use the off switch on mine. The brake I save for dangerous times.

Mart> I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

The main reason for the brake is if the saw kicks back it will keep you from sawing your skull in half.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

What is this "break" that hits the helmet? What gets broken?

I think it's wise to use the power switch for routine shut off. E-brake had some kind of pad or lining that won't last forever.

.

I use the off switch on mine. The brake I save for dangerous times.

Martin

Reply to
Stormin Mormon