Charging NiMH battery pack

Okay, that's different; the microprocessor Z86C04, is one of the ROM-on-board Z8 things, so that's not a generic replaceable part. Last bad charger I fixed just needed a fuse and two or three semiconductors (diodes and fuse taken out by a switch MOSFET).

Reply to
whit3rd

Okay, that's different; the microprocessor Z86C04, is one of the ROM-on-board Z8 things, so that's not a generic replaceable part. Last bad charger I fixed just needed a fuse and two or three semiconductors (diodes and fuse taken out by a switch MOSFET).

-------------------------

I ordered a clone NiMH charger that I can rewire to record the voltage and current on the bench, and then use as-is at a jobsite if it proves to not overstress the battery. My homebrew charger designs wouldn't rapidly or fully recharge the battery.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Testing reply. Is this working?

Reply to
Tester1

Testing reply. Is this working?

The original DeWalt NiCd charger isn't rated for NiMH replacements but I found an aftermarket version that works.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Reply to
DGoncz