New User - Dalton T-L No 292

Hello - I own a Dalton T-L. The stamped letters and numbers on the right end of the rear way appear to be T-L NO 202 or 292. I am hoping to share information and learn from the discussions here. I inherited this lathe from my father who bought it from a local machinist sometime before I was born in 1946. It still runs and is used occasionally by myself for small projects but needs some repair and cleaning. My first attempt to do repair work to it has been to change the drive belt which quickly taught me that I knew next to nothing because I can't even figure out how to remove the old belt (short of cutting it apart) or how I would install a new one. The old belt is a V belt rather than a flat belt. It has drive pulleys made for V belts so I'm guessing the original pulleys (for flat belts) were replaced? Or did some of the Dalton T-L's use V drive belts? Thank you for allowing me to join your group.

Reply to
gparment