Chicago Pneumatic Impact Gun CP734 Parts

I've got one of these older model impact guns that is just not performing as well as it should. I took a look around for the tune up kit and the repair kit, but couldn't find anything specific for this gun. I found a bunch of references to CP734H parts and to CPT734, but nothing for plain CP734. I don't think the "H" parts will fit. Does anybody have a source for parts for the older CP734 model? Also, is there part that typicall goes bad on these guns?

Thanks.

Reply to
jim

Bearings, vanes and trigger springs are the usual culprits. Parts here about half way down the page.

--Andy Asberry--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:53:46 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Andy Asberry quickly quoth:

If the tool has been sitting for very long, the oil gums up and the power goes way down. A disassembled soak in solvent, reoiling, and reassembly usually helps a whole lot. My old Rodac 1/2" impact is doing that since I haven't used it in decades.

-- Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Reply to
Larry Jaques