Chinese Tubing Bender

Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post here. Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy to do, yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated things, electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Reply to
Jim Newell

What size tubing?

I have a Harbor Freight 5/8" tubing bender and the multi-bender for brake lines and such.

Just be sure if you use flares for connections that you know what angle the flare should be. Automotive and AN (Airplane stuff) fittings use different angle flares. (37 degrees for AN and 45 degrees for Auto)

What are you working on?

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

my Subaru Engine Conversion Check
Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Jim Newell wrote:

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

Yeah, I have the same 5/8 bender......

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of benders with interchangable dies.

I wonder why there is no imported "die-based" bender.

Reply to
Jim Newell

Sure they do and they work well. I have one. Mine goes up to 1". It can be seen on the

site Do not confuse this to his pipe benders, which he also stocks. I use mine for stainless steel exclusively. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

"Jim Newell" wrote in news:rm16e.41980$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Ask, and it shall be given!

I just received a new Northern Tool + Equipmment catalog (2005 Spring/Summer). There on page 251 is a, probably Chinese, "Tubing and Conduit Bender". $99.99! Manual, not hydraulic. Dies and rollers for 3/8",

1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 3/4", and 7/8". Min and Max wall thickness: 0.4mm (0.016"/28 GA.) and 1.2mm (0.047"/18Ga.) respectively. Max bend angle 180 degrees. They don't spec' min bend radius. Weight: 49 Lbs. Pictured in a small suitcase, and mounted to plywood panel, in use.

Item # 144214-1505 in the printed catalog Item # 144214 on their website: Northerntool.com. (on temporary back order)

Reply to
Ken Moffett