Ident for a 1 cyl diesel water pump

I need some help looking for info on a 1 cyl horizontal diesel irrigation pump. I became the proud owner of this critter at a fund-raising today. It cost me all of 25 bucks. It starts, runs, etc. I don't know if it will pump water though, there wasn't any water around to try it out on.

All the tags are unreadable, except I can make out what looks like:

--Chinese characters at the bottom of the tag;

--CNC or CRC maybe at the top of the tag;

--A friend said it looked like a LISTER clone to him;

--The pump and motor are in a tube frame with 4 flip-up carry handles;

--the pump and motor are not direct coupled the is a multi-splined coupling about 2" dia on the shafts which total somewhere around a foot long.

--It has electric and crank start;

--The tank is on top and blue;

--there is a chromed air-filter;

--the motor looks to be about 100-150cc maybe, just a guessing by the size of my Honda 90 trail bike;

I was thinking of maybe converting it to veggie-oil or at least making it some sort of WVO / Bio-fuel & Diesel dual fuel set-up.

Thanks

Reply to
eByrd

Do you have a picture?

Reply to
Richard W.

Maybe the people at this site could help:

Or, check with this fellow who sells Chinese and Indian Diesels on eBay.

Regards,

Orrin

.
Reply to
Orrin Iseminger

I'll have some pics available sometime soon on my Yahoo Photos page.

I have some other info I was able get when I scraped off the ID tag:

CMC, R170F,

2600 rpm 4 hp, Danyang or maybe Danjang something, Peoples Republic of China, then a bunch of Chinese characters

Thanks, Byrd

Reply to
eByrd