Chuck Key for Lodge & Shipley Collet Chuck

I am looking for a key to actuate the closer on a collet chuck I
acquired. The chuck is a Lodge & Shipley collet chuck that fits an L-1
spindle, the key must have a "gear" on the end similar to what you
would see on a regular drill chuck? This is from a machine that I would
guess is of 1940's vintage, probably surplus military? Anybody got one
to sell, or maybe a sample that I can copy? Pictures of the chuck and
collets can be found at the supplied link:
formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...
According to 1968fj40 :
What are the odds of a drill chuck key working? There are a lot of sizes. The important factors are the size of the pilot (determined by the size of the hole in the chuck) and the gear pitch ( a bit awkward to measure, here, I'm afraid).
Maybe so -- but that URL wants me to register with Yahoo. I don't play that game -- and I wouldn't even if I owned a ReedPrentice lathe. :-)
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.