CL listing: Anvils in Northern California

No relation to or knowledge of seller, I just know there's always someone looking for an anvil, and this seller has a selection.

Lake Wyandote is approx 6-8 miles east of Oroville, CA

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I thought you moved to down under. If I'm mistaken, who am I thinking of?

Wes

Wes

That move will happen, but when is far from resolved. Ideally, here for another 5-6 years, maybe longer. Want to bring my wife over for a couple years and put her through a culinary school, we are seriously considering opening a Mexican restaurant there once I make the move.

First priority is to stick around until my kids are out of high school, and that depends on the economy. Work has been picking up and some new opportunities have come up, looks like that one could be covered. Once the kids are out of school, it becomes a matter of how much longer do I want to keep working. With her house paid for, we won't need much income, so retirement before 60 is well within reach.

You'll know when I am about to go, as I'll post a free-for-all come-n-git-it for all the stuff I don't want to take and couldn't sell but can't bear to throw away unless I absolutely have to...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Good on ya, Jon!

I retired at 57. Left a lot of money on the table but decided I'd rather leave money than good years. Mary retired a few months later. We've never regretted our choices, not even for a nanosecond.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 07:21:50 -0800, Jon Anderson wrote the following:

Does that $3/lb include shipping? ;)

He doesn't give them away.

-- Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In the last 1.5 years, I came across one 140 lb Peter wright anvil with accessories. The price was $100. The accessories that I did not need, fetched $360 or so.

Later I came across a 200 lb peter wright for $200, sold the 140 lbs one for $212 and kept the bigger one.

Ignoramus20428

Lol... No, he's not, but then decent to good anvils are not exactly common. In 30 years of yard sales in Grass Valley, I've found 3 serviceable anvils, one of which I bought..

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

And the other two times you had to tell your wife she couldn't sell your anvil? :)

jk

Reply to
jk

Bought it while still single. Back then, so long as I could pay rent and bills at the end of the month, I was free to spend my money on whatever I wanted. Marriage brought some restraint of course, but the Ex didn't really complain about my buying tools.

My present wife, if I saw another anvil I wanted, would buy it for me!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Jon Anderson wrote in news:gEwTn.514037 $ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-07.dc.easynews.com:

My wife came with a 75 pound anvil. Lots of other nice tools. Her grandfather was a mason, and she inherited all his stuff. Knows how to use them too.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Hello Jon I was wondering just recently if you had moved here or not.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)