BP Versus Hurricane Katrena

Remember back during Katrena. I remember a lot of people wanting to help, but they got orders from the Fed (FEMA?) not to help. I heard on the radio that there was a fire department rescue boat from a city near me (Rochester, NY) that was about to go there. They got a call from FEMA, and ordered them not to.

Lets see. We have dispersants, booms, skimmer ships, etc. All ordered not to. Anyone else seeing parallels?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Which is more important, solving the problem or having someone to blame???

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

To whom?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Just have to thank god that it was BP and not Union Carbide who had the leak. If it was UC they'd have abandoned the area like they did in Bhopal India, there'd be no fund, no cleanup and all the senior executives would have left the country to live in a non extradition country (like the USA).

Reply to
Why are people so cruel

Depends. Are you seeking election, or interested in the welfare of people?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon