Pearl Harbor

Time to take a moment and reflect on what happened to us 62 years ago, today, and stop all the bickering and get behind our leaders and fighting forces in our present struggle.

S/Sgt. Walt LeRoy Co.A, 361st S S Regiment

1943--1946
Reply to
Walt LeRoy

Take time to reflect on the difference following 12/7 and 9/11 for a moment, too.

Pearl Harbor united the country against an outside agressor.

More people were killed on 9/11 than on 12/7. A lot more.

People remembered 12/7 longer.

Just a thought.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Flight suit boy would like that.

Dick

Reply to
D.B.

Sorry, I'm confused. The OP seems to be talking about Iraq, you mention

9/11. What's the connection?
Reply to
PhysicsGenius

And you claim to be a genius! (?) Figure it out.

HAH!

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Who mentioned Iraq? It is no wonder that you are confused. You assume that only countries can do damage to others. The war that we are in isn't with any particular country but rather with a religion (Islam) that seems to think that you have to either be a Muslim or dead. The worst part of that religion is that they haven't even settled down to what the religion really means to the people and how to interpet the teachings of that religion.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

To answer your transparently facetious question -

Radical Islamic terrorists who wish to kill as many non-Islamists in general and American citizens in particular as possible in order to contribute to a general global effort to impose Islamic theocracies.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?", the question is "who has them now?"

Mike Patterson

how many? under 3000 was the final 9/11 count. the Arizona alone was 1200. i seem to remember 2xxx total at Pearl --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe

And these people were located in Iraq somewhere?

Reply to
PhysicsGenius

Not to change the topic, but I'm willing to go out on a limb here and bet a coke that in 65 years, they're still gonna remember the WTC disaster. But even then, the above statement about pearl harbor will still be true. Folks will always remember that longer than the WTC thing, because pearl harbor happened first.

Jim

jim rozen

Which part should we reflect upon first, the failure of our government to protect us from either attack or the blame and coverups that followed?

Before 9/11 there was clear indication that we were under attack whether it was the Cole, the Embassies, the first attempt on the WTC or the Barracks.

As for Pearl Harbor the coverup and blame game that sent Admiral Kimmel and General Short to be relieved of command and demoted when the government had decoded messages in advance indicating there would be a Japanese attack yet withheld that information from the commands it blamed.

It's time to reflect and question every thing our government does so we don't have more 9/11 and 12/7 surprises, or more misplaced blame to protect the political interests of those in office.

We pay dearly in lives and in resources to defend this country but are we getting what we paid for?

USN (ss) retired

Reply to
Beecrofter

Well put. But oddly, it is getting tougher and tougher to pose those questions - Patriot Act and all....

Jim

jim rozen

Food for thought, Walt;

Pearl Harbor is being used to sell video games.

Reply to
Mark

Then when we tighten up security and make sure it doesnt happen again..the actions are demonized as violations of the Constitution and Civil Rights..witness Patriot Act, Gitmo etc etc.

I wish you folks would come up with a counter proposal to ensure the security of the US, all the while taking money from the HUMINT side of the equation, and solutions that do not violate (allegedly) someones rights.

If you dont have any solutions..then you are part of the problem.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

The war in Iraq is being used to sell action figures of GWB (complete in flight suit), Ann Coulter, Tony Blair, Donald Rumsfeld and Baghdad Bob (the last four as seen in the Dec. 8 issue of Times)

Abrasha

Abrasha

Regarding Pearl - May all of them rest in peace.

Been to Punch Bowl to visit lost ones.

Today I backed up a video tape onto a DVD and created a cover with pictures of the Harbor map, Arizona exploding, Arizona resting under the white bridge, The Utah on her side, and the Oklahoma on her stacks. Details of text on the DVD cover included some vitals. Some of which are :

PERSONNEL KILLED

Navy 2001 Marine Corps 109 Army 231 Civilian 54

PERSONNEL WOUNDED

Navy 710 Marine Corps 69 Army 364 Civilian 35

SHIPS

Sunk or beached 12 Damaged 9

AIRCRAFT

Destroyed 164 Damaged 159

Martin [ who has a resting Great Grandfather who used to steer those boats as his ]

Reply to
Eastburn

What happened on the 9th of November then ??

Reply to
Tone

I think that you need a broader view, we could have more security as a totalitarian nation. It worked for years for other dictators and despots but we have a constitution which our leaders are sworn to defend as the basis for our society. Their oath makes the point of defending our constitution from enemies foriegn and domestic. I am of the belief that the patriot act and John Ashcroft are both threats to our way of life and the constitution. Not to worry, it really isn't in our economic interest to have peace in the world as we are the largest arms merchant. We manage to sell more arms in the world marketplace than Russia, China, Great Britain , France, and Germany added together. Our leaders won't suffer as the death and dying and destruction will be mostly among the masses while they grow profits and power. If your only solution is the end of our constitution and a shift towarrds totalitarianism then I have to choose between staying in the battle or an exit visa. Your solutions are the problem.

Reply to
Beecrofter

I've seen some of these 'action figures', other than the humor of Dubya being in a flight suit it didn't surprise me. Fact I don't have any feelings on it. These figures seem to be a logical step in someone making money which, after all, isn't that what it's all about anyway.

Truth is, I'm more bothered by my not having feelings about these figures than the figures themselves. Have I become that cynical.

What bothers me about EA Games using Pearl Harbor in a video game is ti diminishes the people and lessens Pearl Harbors meaning.

What's next? The Grassy Knoll Sniper Game? How about Two Towers Flight Simulator?

Reply to
Mark

Now could you please explain exactly why your view of the BOR is a single, unitary amemdment - the second, of course. And you will move heaven and earth to see to it that the second is upheld verbatim, and stamp and holler if anyone who supports it is denigrated.

Yet the adminstration can shit all over the rest of the BOR and you seem to jump for joy. Part of me wants to see Ashcroft do something that would drive you nuts, something crazy like calling in all private weapons in the US, under the guise of the patriot act. *Then* you might take off the blinders and see that those guys are not your friends. If they shit on part of the BOR, they shit on the WHOLE THING. Including the second.

Jim

jim rozen