CNC machine gets posponed

BUMMER!!! I am reproducing a machine that I built 18 months ago and it has an XY table that is cam operated. I bought almost all the stuff to make the new one CNC but my customer has us running the 18 month old machine into serious overtime with more orders looming. I need the new machine on-line ASAP so I will go with the cam set-up and do CNC on the NEXT one. Notice my post about reproducing the cams. I just tripled the staff working on the new machine...ain't America grand?

When I dive back into the CNC thing, I will be needing a bunch of help...be afraid.

Minor Gloat: I am now, or soon will be the largest producer of flat-wire brushes in the WORLD!!! I almost scrapped the flat-wire line 5 years ago because they are such a pain to make. One of my other customers begged me not to and offered a 25% increase in the price to come up with better technology. At that time, and up to 18 months ago, the brushes were made almost by hand at

Reply to
Tom Gardner

What is a flat wire brush??

Thanks.

Reply to
Name

The wire in the brush is .017" x .117" oil tempered steel. The wire comes to me on 250# spools and is fed, three wires at a time, into the machine that cuts it 3" long, bends it in half and staples it into a 9/32" hole in a hardwood block with a 15 ga. steel staple. The two brushes I make have 5 x

10 rows of tufts and 8 x 12 rows. Originally, they were called "Butcher Block" brushes because they were used to clean big wooden butcher's chopping blocks. Now they are used in the food service for cleaning broilers and grills and in the welding and masonry trades...VERY aggressive, and still a PITA to make.

Tom Gardner

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 03:11:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

You betcha!

Reply to
ljaques

Hi. Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it.

Reply to
Name

I just set up a cnc router using mach3 control software. It is amazing how powerful it is, yet so easy to set up.

Reply to
Jon Grimm