"commercial" posts allowed?

Is it OK to "advertise" some available router time on our CNC router on the newsgroup? It's sorta on topic--if you call routing
aluminum metalworking.
Bill

Well, once you can get away with. There are a couple posters that advertize often, one I've actually purchased from twice at least, I'll leave the names out. The other one, I should have purchased from in retrospect, it was a better deal but I passed.
It is a bit of a balancing act. I don't totally understand the dynamics of who can spam and who can not. Posting some real on topic content before you offer something to sell goes over a lot better than just jumping in with a sales pitch.
Name seems familiar, amc regular?
Wes
Bill Marrs wrote:

The number of people who advertise fake sneakers made in China here, I don't think anyone will mind if you advertise something metalwork-related :-).
No one ever asks if it's acceptable to advertise their sneakers.
Chris

Nor their completely off-topic politics. Go right ahead!
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I gotta admit, I prefer politics to sneakers. American politics are good for a laugh sometimes. Sneakers are not.
Chris

If the number of political posts was as low as the number of sneaker posts, I'd agree with you.

I love watching Prime Minister's Questions on C-Span 1. That is entertaining!
Wes

It would help if you posted some links to pictures of work that you have done and maybe a bit about what kind of CNC router it is. Fixed gantry, moveable table? 3 axis? 5 axis? Stepper motors? DC servos? AC servos? Max working size.?
Dan

Only if you use large quantities of wire brushes.

Ya fergot the <grin>, Tom! <GRIN>

Who's grinning, I mean it!
<GRIN>

So if you were cleaning the flame tube in a wash system tank, what sort of brush would you use to get the calcium off it?
I've heard that soda blast works great too but I'm not sure I can get boss to cut loose with money for that.
Wes -- We are living in the society that Ayn Rand warned us about in 1957.

On the Outside of the tube where the solution is? Get a barrel of CLR (or the acid they use) and loosen it up before you try blasting or mechanical cleaning. Work smarter, not harder.
Just make sure it's compatible with the metals - they get mad when you dissolve the equipment...
--<< Bruce >>--