compound angle

I could use some help on this project. I have to machine a 45 deg. angle on a 45 deg angle. .500 wide between 90 deg. Like a dog leg. I drew it on SU but I don't know how to read the angles.

AFD

Reply to
AF738Dad

I am naturally good at geometry and math, but once in 1885 when I built something with compound angles, I found it easier to cut scrap pieces until I made one that fit, and kept making them with that setting on the machine.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Whew in 1885,,,,,whoa old timer Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

Back then they had to do all there work in the summer. First you had to go round up several large jars stuffed full of Lightning Bugs, which had to be really fresh and well juiced for this much work (they don't keep well, hence a summertime only operation). Nowadays of course we can just plug the machines in. Just think of all the fun and exercise me miss out on now, not having to chase down all them Lightning Bugs to get a bit of machining done (snort!)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

You may want to checkout some carpentry books. I had one with a chart for setting up compound angles, there may even be some thing similar on the internet. I think the book I had was on using a radial arm saw.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D