Works every time!

Reply to
Josepi

What grade are you in? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

That was all off topic for this thread.

tit for tat?

Let's talk about embarrassing.... show me ONE nail gun on that wiki page.

Shall we go back and re-read the entire thread? The debate is and was always about framing pneumatic nail guns.

YOU are the one who claimed that framing pneumatic nail guns are misfiring all over job sites, causing all kinds of injuring. YOU are the one who claimed that framing pneumatic nail gun fired some ten feet away and dented a steel toed boot. YOU are the one who claimed that framing pneumatic nail gun can shoot

500 meters.

YOU are the one who keeps trying to change the object of discussion to completely different devices. What's next, are you going to show me an air powered cannon?

YOU... I repeat... YOU are the only one who should be worried about embarrassment, my friend.

Reply to
Josepi

Pot, kettle, black.

Best of luck with the new medication

You're right, so maybe tell that to that other guy who's doing it.

I'm not the guy claiming his air nail gun can shoot a half mile.

Many? I count you and the other guy who started throwing the ad hominems.

Reply to
Josepi

Show me where I threw an ad hominem, before you and your country mate did.

In any case, it's obvious you're sneaking out the back door of this debate.

Reply to
-MIKE-

For a while in the 1700s and 1800s pneumatic weapons were tried by various militaries and found to have some advantage over muzzle-loading black powder firearms..

It's true that there is some overlap at the very low end of the performance spectrum for firearms and the very high end for airguns, however I know of no military that would go to war armed with CB caps. And a nailgun with its hundred PSI or so and few inches of stroke is not going to come anywhere near the velocity of a precharged pneumatic air rifle with its 3000 PSI reservior and 20 or so inch barrel.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Tue, 25 May 2010 14:21:04 -0500, -MIKE- wrote the following:

--snip--

Time to plonk the troll, Mike. Just Do It!

--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My 18v DeWalt drove all the Torx head screws in my Trex deck. Works fine. Unfortunately I am going to have to do it again as the Trex is decomposing. They replaced all the Trex in my buddies deck, but do not supply the screws. And I had about $230 in stainless deck screws in my deck.

Reply to
Califbill

And the DeWalt battery skilsaw is fantastic when doing the deck. At least on Trex. No cord to pull around when you need a little trimming. I used the gear drive Skilsaw for major cutting, but if you needed to square an end, reach for the battery saw.

Reply to
Califbill

Yawn.

Time for you to go away.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

We have a few hundred square feet of deck to do and always figured we would go the Trex route.

Lately I have been reading a lot of bad stuff about these brands with molding and rot. Apparently the answer is to use a mold prevention wash a few times a year on the maintenance free surface....LOL

Reply to
Josepi

sage

Yeah, the 18V Dewalt circular saw is really handy. Unlike the Makita

9.6V it's useful on far more than clapboards. For heavier work I have the Dewalt rear swivel circular saw. The rear swivel makes depth and angle adjustment a snap.
Reply to
keithw86

I'll ask what grade you're in, again. What a completely transparent and juvenile response. Losing the argument? Pretend you're tired of it all and walk away. Maybe you can stick your fingers in your ears and start singing, too.

Go away, indeed.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is when that signature paragraph of yours really demos

Gunner

Reply to
Josepi

Trying to take over the asylum, are you? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Well, I've never used a nailgun of any kind, but I can tell you about 22 caliber rifles.

When I was a teenager firing a 22 long rifle bullet over a lake, I could easily see the bullet in flight for most of its trajectory. Now this required the sightline to be close and parallel to the trajectory (so the image didn't move too fast to be seen) and a distant background (so there wasn't too much visual clutter). And young eyes, of course.

One could not resolve the bullet - it was seen as a fast-moving and indistinct black spot.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

When your eye is lined up with the trajectory a small object can be tracked for a long distance. The actual full trajectory path is not required to be seen for an intelligent person to know where it will go or land. Now that is a long bullet which uses a lot more powder than a short Hilti gun cap

It's just a trolling argument anyway. Most that have used an air nailer could think this simple logic out after using one for a few days. If it wasn't for the poor accuracy a nailgun would work much better than any pellet gun I have ever seen...yeah you can see pellets for a few hundred feet too and they are even smaller. We never tried to aim a nailgun, in the air. We were just worried about farm house windows within the nearest mile after seeing it the first time...LOL

As an aside: We used to stand behind a corner of a brick wall (too elininate accidental shootings) and somebody would shot a .22 calibre rifle within inches past our ears! What a sound !...LOL

Here's one the gun backfired

When I was a teenager firing a 22 long rifle bullet over a lake, I could easily see the bullet in flight for most of its trajectory. Now this required the sightline to be close and parallel to the trajectory (so the image didn't move too fast to be seen) and a distant background (so there wasn't too much visual clutter). And young eyes, of course.

One could not resolve the bullet - it was seen as a fast-moving and indistinct black spot.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Josepi

Wondered about the wood components in it. I have some Veranda on my weather station. Hope it stands up to weather.

Seems to be a lot of plastic in it. Saw had long stringers on it.

They might have cut back on plastic from R&D to save money and now find the facts.

Thanks Guys - great info.

Mart> We have a few hundred square feet of deck to do and always figured we would

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

For part of the trajectory, sure -- a .22 bullet should be visible out to about 55 yards. But not all of it, unless that trajectory was fairly short, and Josepi's claim to be able to see a 3mm thick nail at 500 meters is at best wishful thinking.

Regardless of how young your eyes are, there's still a lower limit to their resolving power: the size of a single cone in the retina, which corresponds to about 0.4 minutes of arc. That means it's simply impossible to see, for example, a .22 bullet at 200 yards, or a nail at 500 meters.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Someone else in this thread tried to explain to you (not that you would listen) that a nail gun is in the neighborhood of 100psi and a pellet gun runs well past 10 times that.

They also tried to explain about how the barrel allows allow the expanding gas to accelerate the projectile, and the piston of a nail gun has a limited travel and allows no acceleration.

Even if you were to fire a 12-16 penny nail out of a pellet gun, it would probably only travel 1/3 the distance of a pellet due to its tumbling through the air causing rapid deceleration from the friction against the air.

Yet, you continue to elude to them as valid comparisons. Trying to support your mythical claim of an air nailer shooting a nail 1/4 mile by using facts associated with pneumatic pellet guns is embarrassingly absurd.

That's like claiming your lawn mower can run the quarter mile in four seconds because a Porche, which also has an internal combustion engine, can do it.

No need to worry.

It doesn't matter how many google searches you do looking for evidence to support fish tail, you're not going to find it.

Reply to
-MIKE-