Compressors SCFM & psi for sandblasting

Hello men,

About a month ago I inquired about compressors and sandblasting. Thank You So Much for the input and feedback.

Chronologically, I really expected to invest at the local Sears store for the Ingorsol Rand contunious duty unit that took in 15.8 CFM as it put out 90psi. HP 220 volt electric motor with 60 gallon tank.Two stage unit.

Then I put out a wanted in the local newspaper and still expect to look at a two stage unit with a old 80 gallon tank. by the way the man that has this told me that the electric motor with the 1-1/8" shaft and the two stage compressor head were purchased from Montgomery Ward many years back and he has no real literature on anything and I have not inspected it as of yet.

My important queston is this. I just grabed a really inexpensive compressor at the local Sears and want to know if I am going to get lucky. The unit has a 5HP Briggs and Stanton engine with a 20gallon tank. the stats are somewhat impressive 15.3 CFM & 12 SCFM @ 40psi & 10 SCFM @ 90 psi

This above mentioned unit was a closeout and I really could not pass up the chance of it working.

I want to use this compressor with a pressurized sandblasting tank. It looks like a nice 25 gallong pressurized tank and I really don't know everything about it. I hope to pick it up ( the sandblasting unit ) tomarrow and even then ask a few questionis.

Thanks, Dean Rettger Pittsburgh, PA

Reply to
Rettgerinc

That rules out a certain percentage...

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North