Central Pneumatic Compressor and nailers

I was thinking of getting a compressor and nailer for some hobby use. Opinions on the Harbor Freight lineup.Thanks

Reply to
triad

The Chinese stuff is getting better, but they have a long way to go, IMO. Improper or no heat treating, mild steel or even cast iron in places where a specialty steel is needed, and other problems. It depends on you intended use. If you use the equ't. only occasionally, and quick and dirty work is OK, then the HF stuff is probably alright. But quality work and hard continuous work calls for higher quality equipment.-Jitney

Reply to
jitney

The tools can't be beat on a price basis for hobby use, they're always on sale for half-price at the store, one tool or another. You can always fork out more dough for a good brand if you find a tool that you like and use all the time. I've done that with several air tools that I wasn't sure that I'd be using all the time, bought the cheapy and upgraded later. Air ratchets, mini-die grinders and nail guns come to mind. I don't own one of their air compressors, you can get a name-brand for the equivalent price at one of the other tools stores in town where I am. Unless cash is short, don't skimp on the compressor.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer