What Kind Of Compressor?

Hi,

I have picked up an old 5h.p. compressor, but don't know what make it is. The tank is made by COURT IND. LTD. and stamped 1972. On the compressor itself is a metal tag that reads "When ordering parts give this number R-15

27F" That is all the information on it. I've tried to find Court Ind. to see if they might have an idea of where I could call, but haven't had any luck with that either.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Clinton

Reply to
jealous

What do you care what make it is? Doesn't it work? - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

It seems Champion made a 5 Hp compressor with the R-15 model number.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reply to
JR North

That's why I bought a new compressor, I couldn't get comfortable with the idea of trusting an old tank.

Reply to
Mark

I've done a DIY hydro test on all the old tanks I've used. Makes me feel safe.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

That is something easy to do and had crossed my mind.

I didn't want to buy something to bring it home to take the chance of splitting the tank during the test. I was auctioning for a used unit but the ones I would be happy with were going for ~ 50% of new, my upper cut off point.

The Wife is somewhat agreeable to my tool purchases (I got real lucky here). Hell, she was the one who negotiated with Sears, got 15% off and a year same as cash on the industrial I-R 15.8 cfm with 60 gallon tank. Can't argue with that.

Reply to
Mark