Crossley date???

Received via my web site

Robert Ronning writes....

"I just bought this Crossley at the Portland swap meet in Ind. U.S.A and had it a farm show today. It ran great all day. My engine is type P1070 serial number 86522. it is a tank cooled with two side shafts. CROSSLEY BROS LTD made in England MANCHESTER. This engine also has a tag from WAUGH & JOSEPHSON SIDNEY - BRISBSNE & MELBOUNE. also has an petrol conversion, I was told was installed on a lot of the engines in Australia. What year was this engine bulit? Thank you for any info you can give me. Bob"

My best guess is that this engine dates to April/May 1922 - can anybody improve on this estimate?

John Ambler Sussex, UK

Reply to
John Ambler

John Ambler