Crossley date?

Received via my web site
Robert Ronning writes....
"I just bought this Crossley at the Portland swap meet in Ind. U.S.A
and had it a farm show today. It ran great all day. My engine is type
P1070 serial number 86522. it is a tank cooled with two side shafts.
CROSSLEY BROS LTD made in England MANCHESTER. This engine also has a
tag from WAUGH & JOSEPHSON SIDNEY - BRISBSNE & MELBOUNE. also has an
petrol conversion, I was told was installed on a lot of the engines in
Australia. What year was this engine bulit? Thank you for any info you
can give me. Bob"
My best guess is that this engine dates to April/May 1922 - can
anybody improve on this estimate?
John Ambler
Reply to
John Ambler