computer interface for three button caliper

Hello,
is there any place I can buy a PC interface for the chinese three
button scales?
The protocol is well known, see e.g.
I want to buy it, I need six channels.
Here is one for three channels, it costs 237 and does not look very
good.

Many thanks
Reply to
nickname
If you don't mind building,
Or the DRO_Plus project,
I have no connection with either, nor have I tried them. Dave
e.g.http://www.shumatech.com/support/chinese_scales.htm> but I want to buy it, I need six channels.
Reply to
Mechanical Magic
I'd converse with Nick Mueller at yadro. He is German but his Engish is excellent.
WES
Reply to
Wes
Hello,
I had a look at yadro, I think it would fit nicely. Anybody any experience? I need two units, and don't want to spend $ 400 for something that doesn't work well.
Thanks
Reply to
nickname
The search engine is up and working today on the DIY-CNC yahoo group,
did a YADRO search, pretty much no info, one guy has one, seemed to work. You might join there, and do a search, then try to contact him. Message 22020.
Also posted were these links & info, I did not try any to see if they are relevant.
Also try Google with "digital caliper interface" and "software wedge" as seach terms.
I found several hits on Practical Machinist
guy there, seems happy enough.
More hits on Home Shop Machinist
More hits at Home Machinist
I don't remember if you have to be a member to search those groups. Dave
Reply to
Mechanical Magic
caliper2pc had written this in response to
: Hello,
please take a look at
An interface for six chinese scales is presented. In addition the interface contains two tachometers. The connection to the PC is via USB.
Information concerning the protocol and the types of scales can be found here:

------------------------------------- nickname wrote:
Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 155379 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Reply to
caliper2pc

------------------------------------- nickname wrote:
Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 155379 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Reply to
caliper2pc
Try YADRO (same country as you) or Shumatech (USA), that way you won't have to re-invent the wheel :-)
Have a nice day.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
:
Looks interesting, but it's in German... and in spite of my last name, I can't read German! The American flag icon is a link to caliper2pc.com, but that seems to redirect back to the German page.
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Site Timeline