Dyna Myte 2800 CNC mill - value?

I am looking at one of these mills locally. Dyna Myte 2800. Looks to be in excellent used condition. No tooling, but tooling available as a separate negotiation. I am somewhat interested in it, my appetite for CNC having been recently whetted. I am working with the owner to try and determine a reasonable value for it. Searched the web and found no price listings at all. Is this a capable mill for general hobby and possibly light production work? Can anyone give me an idea what to offer?

Reply to
RB

I can't speak to its value, but I have one. I used it with its original control, which worked fine, but was a little cumbersome. If you're looking to retrofit, it is a very solid little piece of iron.

Reply to
Jon

--A great machine but if you have any trouble with the electronics you're screwed: the company has gone belly up. Used to have one; lotsa fun.. Had a weird BT-30 collet which is uncommon, hard to find..

Reply to
steamer

mine has an ER16 spindle.

now you have me questioning the model number =)

Reply to
Jon

this one has a small taper quill. I have not seen any collets except ER25 which were used on an Emco 5 lathe. The photos of BT30 look like what was laying around the machine.

Reply to
RB

Sorry about that, mine is a 2400 has er16 tooling. I made my own endmill adapters and jacobs taper adapters to suit.

Reply to
Jon