Coned pulleys

Awl--

Iny leads/sources on coned/step pulleys? McMaster, Graingers has them, but not a wide selection. Google may have a good hit or two among the 5,000,000 hits, but I haven't found it yet. :) Need'em for my Kalamazoo 9x16, whose variable speed pulleys are on the fritz, and about which I'm not too crazy anyway.

While I"m at it, I may do the same for my variable speed Rockwells, and the useless 12/16 speeds on my imports. I'd rather have 4 or 5 useful speeds than 16 useless ones. Also won't have to scratch my head, looking at the 16 speed chart. :)

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Just had to replace one on my Kalamazoo about two months ago. Went to the pulley drawer (the contents of which I'd moved at least three times over the last 20 years) and pulled out an exact replacement. Couldn't believe it. Five minutes, tops. Wasn't what you asked, though, was it?

Do you have the descent control cylinder on yours? Mine has always been AWOL.

(Here's where you say "Didn't come with one, but went right to the drawer and there it was -- perfect fit!")

"Chip"

Reply to
Chip Chester

Step pulleys are pretty easy to make on a lathe. I just finished one for my bandsaw. The only difficult step is cutting the internal keyway. I would up buying a broach for the job and it came out well. Turning a four step pulley from a 3" long x 3" diameter piece of aluminum took a couple of hours.

Bob

Reply to
MetalHead