Copper or PVC?

On 6/29/2016 4:47 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Older houses don't have mixing valves (not that they couldn't be retrofitted.) 140F at the heater is the temperature that will allow the water at the tap to be 120F. Any hotter and there is a scalding risk at the tap if there is no mixing valve.

are

anti-

is

So change the outdated faucets with anti-scald faucets -- or do what people managed to do for generations: learn not to stick your hands in hot water. Limiting the water heater to 120F is unnecessary and dangerous.

No. PVC cis not rated for hot water. PEX might be a better option though.

+1 for pex and avoiding the digging of the kitchen floor if it isn't absolutely necessary.
--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

I would suspect a corrosive environment under the slab since the initial problem is a leak in an older copper line. PEX would be my choice and I would not cut the floor if possible to avoid it.
--
Mr.E