Industrial WARNING PVC leak checking.

I'll call this a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

I do this for 2 reasons.

1) My brother nearly died. 2) It didn't make the news.

3) Advice and regulations, codes, etc are such a rarity online for this or any other thing that endangers people directly.

PVC piping is commonly "leak checked" in the plumbing industry. Put pressure on the lines, see if anything leaks.

Apparently PVC explodes in the manner of CDROM when broken. My brother is the plumber, I'm the computer tech. During a "leak check" on a PVC line in Atlanta this past friday, his apprentice was killed in an explosion during the check. CDROMs shatter like glass. A PVC pipe explosion killed a person in Atlanta last night and shredded everything in the vicinity in the process of a standard test. I consider that alot more important than the latest car wreck.

I will now direct your attention to the only relevant link referring to safety advice during such testing procedures in order to prevent getting killed while doing a job. That I was able to find online.

html: http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:TyAtdSIJzzwJ:

Live and Learn. Don't and Die. That's what I call a PSA.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER (This is the only post I'll make tonight that requires general attention. Another reason Google is so profitable.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is not news. Steel pipe shatters too, IF you subject it to EXCESSIVE pressure.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere