Copper pipe chopping

Yes, it is mostly about the labor cost. Value of sawdust is also a factor, just not as big.

Ignoramus20601

Gunner Asch on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:45:23 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ah, but that is different. After all, this is "rec.craft.metalworking" so of course, doing something the 'long way'

- as long as it involved metal working - is the way to go.

pyotr filipivich

*That* isn't a hassle -- it is a *project* -- and thus fun. :-)

Here is an example of a common hydraulic shear:

scroll down about half-way, to the section "Cutter"

Not the same format as the one I saw at a hamfest, but looks like it would work for the task, too.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

You don't get it?

There are 50 New Toy points riding on this, sir. Ya gotta think it through. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Mon, 07 Apr 2014

22:40:28 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

New Toy points - and "Applied Scrounge Points" and "I knew I would find a use for this some day" points and, of course "I made it myself!" points, which is the point of the whole exercise.

pyotr filipivich