Cordless drill clutch settings?

A decent drill will put a screw in with care. The clutch settings on most cordless drills are a PIA to use to begin with.
wrote: >> FWIW, I leave my cordless drills in the locked position always.

Very true on both points. I just find it easier to use a hand screwdriver, and I'm not in any hurry. More often than not I use the Yankee spiral screwdriver, even for non-critical work. The cordless drill is mostly just for drywall screws or deck screws now-a-days.
John
On 7/19/2015 9:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Geez I quit hand driving, for the most part, in the early 80's. Do you not use pocket holes?

No, don't like pocket holes. I find them aesthetically displeasing.
John
On 7/19/2015 4:39 PM, John McCoy wrote:

They will do in built-ins but I tend to use no mechanical fasteners at all. Although attaching replaceable backs, adjustable feet, hinges, and or pulls require a few screws.